Since our inception in 2010, Velo has been guided by our company motto – ‘do the right thing’. This motto is not only our everyday working mantra, but the epicentre of our strategy on environment, social and governance (ESG) that focuses on three key areas:
Do the right thing for our people
Be a place where the best people want to work and grow
Do the right thing for our planet
Crafting B2B marketing to be proud of in every way
Do the right thing for our partners
Lead by example and influence others
For our people, we have:
- Invested in a human resources information system to track and monitor our employee demographics, including gender, geographic and ethnic diversity.
- Integrated well-being metrics into a twice-a-year staff survey so that we can proactively monitor the issues that matter, such as stress levels, work-life balance and overall satisfaction.
- Done so much more, including early talent development, a series of wellbeing and development programmes, SMART targets and our annual charity challenge, Miles for Smiles.
|For our people||Target||Performance|
|Team satisfaction||> 80%||84%|
|Have the highest glassdoor rating of any UK-based B2B agency||Have the highest glassdoor rating of any UK-based B2B agency||4.7/5 Glassdoor rating Highest rating of peers|
|Be more diverse and inclusive than the UK average||> 19% - ethnic minority representation||34.6% - ethnic minority representation|
|Have a smaller gender gap than industry average||> 15.3%||3.3%|
|Introduce new early talent to the industry every year||1 position created||2 positions created|
For our planet, we have:
- Measured our impact using carbon accountancy tool, Sage Earth, which aligns with Greenhouse Gas Protocol Standards.
- Committed to being one of more than 4,000 businesses around the world that have applied to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- Analysed workflow and methodology, marketing approaches to make sure that the carbon impact of assets are considered when choices are being made.
|For our planet||Target||Performance|
|Net zero||Scope 1 and 2 by end of 2022||Scope 1 and 2 by end of 2022|
|Net zero||Scope 1,2 & 3 by end of 2023||Due end of 2023|
For our partners, we have:
- Implemented an anonymous feedback loop for our team to identify any clients or suppliers that are detrimental to our team’s wellbeing.
- The largest impact is where we work with others, acting as a partner with minimal scope 3 emissions, or working with them to tell stories, build campaigns and advance their own ESG missions.
- Overhauled our new business pitch process to be ruthlessly focused on working with the right companies and limiting the number of new business pitches we conduct to minimise waste.
|For our partners||Target||Performance|
|Only partner with companies who share our values||Audit to be completed||Complete|
|Number of clients named as sources of unacceptable stress||0%||0%|
|Be compliant with ESG requirements of clients||100% compliance with all clients||100% compliance with all clients|
|Manage ESG-related projects||For 20% of Velo’s core clients||For 33% of Velo’s core clients|
|Support charity partners through fundraising and pro bono activity||120 hours per annum||85.1 hours £1,924.67 raised|
This is just the beginning, and we have more to do as we explain in our ESG report. We know too, that many other businesses are also looking to develop their own proach to ESG. We can help support you in that journey, either helping you tell your own story, or sharing our experiences.
If you’d like to talk about anything related to ESG, or how we can help you with your efforts, we’d love to treat you to a coffee (in a Velo reusable cup, of course!).
Paul Crabtree, MD
On behalf of the Velo Senior Leadership team